Lauren is a Principal Editor at StyleMatters and has worked as a journalist, editor and ghostwriter for nearly a decade. She has ghostwritten and edited dozens of books, articles, blogs and other content on diverse subjects. As a ghostwriter, she specializes in business content—leadership, management, human resources and executive coaching—and web and new media content. She has guided numerous projects from the idea stage to publication in print and online.
Lauren has published thousands of newspaper articles, both as a business reporter for The Associated Press in New York, where she covered Wall Street and the commodities markets, and as a Mexico City-based journalist. Her articles have appeared in newspapers countrywide from the San Francisco Chronicle to the Boston Globe.
Lauren graduated Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism and studied at the University of Bologna School of Political Science in Italy. She speaks and writes Italian and Spanish fluently.
- StyleMatters’ Mexico City Office Is Shaken, But Not Too Badly Stirred!
- To Every Book, Its Own Format
- The Chapter Outline: Part I
- Show, Don’t Tell
- Fantastic First Lines
- Greatly Exaggerated Rumors of Demise in the Publishing Industry
- A Review of “The Diamond Cutter”
- Were vs. Was
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Beating Writer’s Block a Page at a Time
- The Artist Date: How to Nurture Your Creativity
- Using Art to Empower the Haitian Community